Principal Fiber Optic Communications Architect
Job ID # 2020-10732
Direct Hire Opportunity
Location: Hanover, MD or Florham Park, NJ
Clearance Requirement: Ability to obtain TS/SCI with Poly
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience: 10 years
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, build and test systems and products based on optic, photonic and laser technologies.
- Interact with device, hardware and software design teams to assist in overall development of optical systems which includes: specifying, selecting and qualifying active and passive optical components, developing and benchmarking system performance models, developing and implementing test procedures and/or evaluating and selecting appropriate test instrumentation.
- Recommend technological modifications to the development of new photonic products and/or design changes that improve performance of existing products.
What You’ll Need:
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI with a Poly is required, active TS/SCI with Poly is preferred.
- Familiarity with high-speed transport, including SONET/SDH, GFP, and OTN, at rates up to 10 Gbps and higher (100G)
- Direct experience with commercial multiplexing, routing, and switching hardware and routing protocols
- Familiarity with performance monitoring metrics
- Familiarity with DWDM transport systems (metro, unrepeatered, or long-haul), and design and impairment analysis of such systems
- Familiarity with coherent systems
- Candidate should have experience in developing requirements and specifications, demonstrated leadership in an integrated team environment and excellent verbal and writing skills
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited course of study in optical engineering, optical sciences and engineering, physics, or electrical engineering combined with 10+ years of relevant work experience; or Master’s degree from an accredited course of study in optical engineering, optical sciences and engineering, physics, or electrical engineering combined with 8+ years of relevant work experience.
A Relocation Package may be available to qualified individuals.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
For questions about benefits visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/job-seekers/
For more information about Moseley visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/about-us/