Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Job ID # 2020-10805
Location: Bloomington, MN
Industry: Aerospace & Defense
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience: 5 years
What You’ll Do:
- Perform software requirements analysis, software designs, and software development.
- Code, test, integrate and document software solutions
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science to the development of complex software and architectures
- Participate in internal review of software components and systems
- More often responsible to define the scope, schedule and expectations for the work they execute or lead
- Independently determines approach to solutions
- Follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained
- Contribute to the completion of major programs and projects
- Responsible for resolution of significant and diverse problems and issues of broad scope and complexity
- May provide leadership or direction to newer employees and teams
- Failure to accomplish results or errors may cause significant project delays or require the substantial allocation of additional resources
- Collaborate with senior management and leadership within engineering and sometimes across the company
- Frequently works with organizations outside engineering or with external customers
- Build successful working relationships internally
What You’ll Need:
- Agile experience is preferred.
- Proficient in C, C++, or similar programming languages.
- Knowledge of Linux or real-time operating systems such as ARINC 653
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a proficient understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
- A software expert at applying technical methodologies to resolve complex issues in creative ways.
- Proficient knowledge of the software development process as well as software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Proficient knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting
- Ability to be creative, innovative and responsible, and able to master proficient decision-making skills
- Proficient ability to grasp and apply new information quickly
- Shows initiative on assignments, and professionally executes projects with very little direction, or can provide direction and leadership to technical teams
- Exercises independent judgment and sometimes defines new procedures and practices to improve team and company performance
- Proficient ability to be a team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
- Advocate and champion at applying company policies and procedures to resolve very complex issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient ability to recognize and clearly report relevant information
- Skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Proficient ability to use the appropriate processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering combined with 5+ years of relevant work experience; or Master’s degree combined with 3+ years of relevant experience.
What to Expect:
- Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
- Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
For questions about benefits visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/job-seekers/
For more information about Moseley visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/about-us/