Job ID # 2020-10894
Location: North Charleston, SC
Industry: Aerospace & Defense
Minimum Education: High School Diploma / GED
Minimum Experience: 1 year
What You’ll Do:
- Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.
- Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural/system components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations.
- Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with company procedures.
- Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc.
- Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions.
- Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.
- Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards. Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.
- Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
- Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
- Frequent overhead work may be required.
- Frequent overtime may be required.
What You’ll Need:
- Aerospace seal experience should include removal and application (fay & prepack, fillet, aero, FDA, brush seal) and my include supporting the aircraft Integral In-Tank Sealing (which will include confined space requirement. Some certifications require compliance to OSHA standards requiring a respirator to make a seal, which may require the removal of some facial hair (ex. beards)
- Candidates may be considered with either
- Relative large-scale manufacturing systems assembly experience of at least one year
- Completion of relevant aerospace manufacturing program (ex. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Trident Technical College, Pittsburg Aeronautical Institute, etc.)
- Preferred: one year of direct Aerospace Seal Experience as a minimum requirement, and preferably have three years of direct Aerospace Seal Experience.
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED combined with 1+ year of relevant work experience; or Vocational School / Associates.
What to Expect:
- Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
- Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
For questions about benefits visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/job-seekers/
For more information about Moseley visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/about-us/