Mid-Level Embedded Developer
Job ID # 2020-10901
Direct Hire Opportunity
Location: Hanover, MD
Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI w/ Poly
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience: 6 years
What You’ll Do:
- Develop low-level software, identify vulnerabilities and adapt features into a larger embedded platform using cutting-edge technologies.
- Opportunity to understand, manage and own new development features from the research design phase to test and integration for a real-time operating system.
- Apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of countermeasures, system integration, and tools specific to Cyber and Information Operations.
- Analyze, decompose, disassemble code, perform static code analysis, kernel-level debugging, and debug and modify software.
- Involved in Protocol Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Research, Rapid Prototyping of proof of concept capabilities.
- Environment: Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret; a team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next; opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered.
What You’ll Need:
- Department of Defense TS/SCI Security Clearance with a Polygraph is required at time of hire.
- The Mid-Level Embedded Developer shall have at least five (5) years of work experience in three (3) or more of the following:
- Developing embedded software systems in assembly, C and/or C++
- Protocol analysis such as TCP/IP, SDH/SONET, ATM, MPLS/GMPLS, Ethernet, Carrier Grade Ethernet
- Developing embedded software systems in one or more of the following operating system environments: Unix, Linux, VxWorks
- Experience with operating system internals with one or more of the following operating systems: Unix, Linux, VxWorks
- Experience with reverse engineering and analysis of software
- Experience with Ida Pro or Ghidra
- Low-level programming of device drivers in a Unix, Linux or Windows environment
- Working knowledge of common protocols/standards such as TCP/IP, SDH/SONET, ATM, MPLS/GMPLS, Ethernet, Carrier Grade Ethernet
- Bit-level data analysis
- Hands-on experience with integrating hardware and software systems
- Experience with Python or similar scripting languages
- Proof of concept tools
- Systems engineering of large scaled embedded systems
- Highly proficient knowledge of operating system fundamentals (interrupts, threading, virtual memory, device drivers) and internals (memory layouts and management, binary file formats).
- Highly proficient knowledge and exposure to computer processor architectures and instructions sets.
- Highly proficient experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Bash and in low-level programming of device drivers in a Unix, Linux, or Windows environment.
- Ability to handle more complex assignments and grasp and apply new information quickly.
- Shows highly proficient initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or Cmputer Science or Computer Engineering or Mathematics and a minimum of six (6) years of software/system development work experience (Four (4) years of equivalent related military experience may be substituted for Bachelor degree); or a Master’s of Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a minimum of four (4) years of experience; and have technical expertise in two (2) or more of the following areas:
- Systems Requirements Analysis
- Software System Design
- Software System Development
- Software System Integration
- Software System Testing
A Relocation Package may be available to qualified individuals.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.