Senior Radome RF Design Engineer
Job ID # 2020-10902
Direct Hire Opportunity
Location: Marion, VA
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience: 8 years
What You’ll Do:
- Perform design and development in such areas as electrical, electromagnetic, electromechanical and software for production, transmission, measurement, and use of systems, instruments and controls.
- Lead the development of strategic tasks or small projects by applying engineering and organizational knowledge and expertise to achieve technical goals.
- Understand and interpret the technical, organizational and process aspects of the tasks assigned and can relate them to the technical needs of the overall project or organization.
- Plan and execute small projects or task elements within larger projects, organizations, or for groups of projects.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering tasks or small projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Actively uncover technical and organizational risks and ensures they are included in risk mitigation plans.
- Participate in development of program strategies and teaming strategies as they relate to the assigned task.
- Participate in the proposal process.
- Participate in feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
- Carry out other tasks, not listed, assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with legacy radome system production and testing.
- Assist with proposal development, specification negotiation, radome design and radome performance analysis for new projects in areas of RF performance, lightning protection and low observables.
- Provide expertise in addressing production problems and repairs.
- Develop test plans, procedures and data processing tools for radome testing.
- Technical writing for formal engineering reports including qualification and acceptance reports.
- Develop and present radome design, performance and test data for customer reviews.
- Participate in radome qualification testing.
What You’ll Need:
- Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance is preferred at time of hire.
- Travel will be required.
- A strong background in mathematics and statistics
- Experience and coursework that support a fundamental understanding of electromagnetics
- Strong foundation and experience in programming using one or more of the following: FORTRAN, LabView, C++ or Python
- The ability to carry out analysis of systems, particularly radar and communication systems
- Experience with modeling and predicting performance of RF windows
- Experience with programming of motion control systems and / or microwave test equipment
- Experience with development and executing electromagnetic solvers
- An understanding of statistical methods in process control
- Experience acting as Principal Investigator for Independent Research and Development (IRAD) projects
- Ability to fulfill the technical lead position of customer-funded radome programs
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) combined with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's Degree with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program with emphasis on electromagnetics.
- Master's Degree is preferred.
- Design or test experience with antennas and/or radomes
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.