Security Engineer/Information Assurance Engineer
Job ID # 2020-10983
Direct Hire Opportunity
Location: Dulles, VA
Industry: Cyber Defense
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience: 3 years
What You’ll Do:
- To support system development by adding security rigor to the design, assessing the security posture and hardening dynamic operating environments.
- Act as the main security interface with integration and/or development team to solve complex security problems while adhering to prescribed NIST 800 Special Publication series.
- Collaborate with the team to perform security control assessment activities as the project evolves in the systems engineering life cycle in accordance with NIST 800-53 and CNSS 1253.
- Conduct research and perform security analysis on the impacts of system designs, modifications and technological initiatives.
- Review security architecture design to determine level of security compliance.
- Perform automated verification of DISA STIGs and other security benchmarks against web and appliance configurations.
- Conduct vulnerability and compliance assessments on various web applications and various appliances and collaborate with the team to ensure vulnerability mitigation.
- Execute the source code analysis on developed applications and coordinate the remediation steps with software developers.
- Document the security posture in the prescribed security design deliverables: Security Controls Traceability Matrix, System Design Document, System Administration Guide and other SELC documentation.
- Coordinate with the team and represent the security interest of the project through various forums: daily stand up meetings and weekly working groups.
What You’ll Need:
- Top Secret required. Ability to obtain TS/SCI.
- Sophisticated understanding of various engineering systems.
- Worked with the following tools: Nessus, Foundstone, Retina, Fortify, App Scan and Brakemen.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: JAVA., Ruby, Perl, Microsoft Operating Systems, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMWare, Oracle, SQL Server, PKI, Encryption, TCP/IP networks, Access control models, network and security monitoring tools, and Cross Domain Solutions.
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree combined with 3+ years of relevant work experience; or Master’s degree combined with 3+ years of experience.
What to Expect:
- Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
- Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
For questions about benefits visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/job-seekers/
For more information about Moseley visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/about-us/