Senior Radome RF Design Engineer
Job ID # 2020-11007
Direct Hire Opportunity
Location: Marion, VA
Minimum Clearance: Secret
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience: 8 years
What You’ll Do:
- Performs design and development in such areas as electrical, electromagnetic, electromechanical and software for production, transmission, measurement, and use of systems, instruments and controls
- Leads the development of strategic tasks or small projects by applying engineering and organizational knowledge and expertise to achieve technical goals
- Understands and interprets the technical, organizational and process aspects of the tasks assigned and can relate them to the technical needs of the overall project or organization
- Plans and executes small projects or task elements within larger projects, organizations, or for groups of projects
- Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering tasks or small projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
- Actively uncovers technical and organizational risks and ensures they are included in risk mitigation plans
- Participates in development of program strategies and teaming strategies as they relate to the assigned task
- Participates in the proposal process
- Participates in feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs
- Assist with legacy radome system production and testing
- Assist with proposal development, specification negotiation, radome design and radome performance analysis for new projects in areas of RF performance, lightning protection and low observables
- Provide expertise in addressing production problems and repairs
- Develop test plans, procedures and data processing tools for radome testing
- Technical writing for formal engineering reports including qualification and acceptance reports
- Develop and present radome design, performance and test data for customer reviews
- Participate in radome qualification testing
- Carries out other tasks, not listed, assigned by supervisor
- Travel will be required
What You’ll Need:
- Secret security clearance is required.
- Design or test experience with antennas and/or radomes is preferred.
- A strong background in mathematics and statistics
- Experience and coursework that support a fundamental understanding of electromagnetics
- Strong foundation and experience in programming using one or more of the following: FORTRAN, LabView, C++ or Python
- The ability to carry out analysis of systems, particularly radar and communication systems
- Experience with modeling and predicting performance of RF windows
- Experience with programming of motion control systems and / or microwave test equipment
- Experience with development and executing electromagnetic solvers
- An understanding of statistical methods in process control
- Experience acting as Principal Investigator for Independent Research and Development (IRAD) projects
- Ability to fulfill the technical lead position of customer-funded radome programs
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related specialized area, combined with 8+ years of relevant work experience; or Master’s degree combined with 6+ years of relevant work experience.
A Relocation Package may be available to qualified individuals.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
For questions about benefits visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/job-seekers/
For more information about Moseley visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/about-us/