Job ID # 2020-11038
Direct Hire Opportunity
Location: Montgomery, AL
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
What You’ll Do:
- Perform the design, analysis, testing and documentation of mobile equipment electrical systems and components
- Comprehend customer specifications, railroad regulations, and government regulations to determine proper design parameters for custom product design
- Capable of travelling to remote locations as needed to gather data and feedback on equipment performance
- Produce an error free engineering design package using sound engineering practices
- Communicate ideas to colleagues and clients through excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Superior listening skills to understand clients' needs and receive feedback from them and coworkers.
- Problem-solve to be able to identify problems and come up with viable solutions.
- Use of critical thinking skills to evaluate the options and select the best one.
- Active learning as an electrical engineer to acquire new information and incorporate it into daily work.
- Analysis of others' work product, as well as that of electrical products, components, and applications, to make improvements as required.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience with specialist heavy equipment design and manufacturing preferred
- Integration into the controller.
- Demonstrated experience with Danfoss PLUS+1® and/or IFM
- PLC integration of intelligent sensors, programming and administration of PLC applications such as position sensors, sensors for motion control, vision sensors, safety technology, process sensors, IO-links, identification systems, machine condition monitoring, systems for mobile machine, connection technology, power supplies, linked accessories
- Ability to generate and modify controller code for integration of HMI, operator controls, telematics inputs/outputs, engine and systems
- Competent using a standard multimeter and PC’s on engine controls and vehicle electrical systems for testing and troubleshooting
- Able to read, interpret, and generate or modify electrical schematics and design drawings
- 3D and 2D design software experience is required
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently or on teams to get the work product completed on-time and on-budget
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of experience preferred
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.