Job ID # 2020-11039
Direct Hire Opportunity
Location: Montgomery, AL
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience: 5 years
What You’ll Do:
- Mechanical Design; Must be a skilled engineer in mechanical design for pneumatic and hydraulic systems along with mechatronics.
- DFMEA and PFMEA generation; to provide feedback to management for risk mitigation.
- Design for Manufacture (DFM) through knowledge of manufacturing to support on-site equipment utilization and manufacturing competencies.
- Implementation of 5S and continuous improvement / lean manufacturing principles.
- Must work in a cross-functional team environment to develop innovative solutions with input from customers, operators, service technicians, engineers, manufacturing assemblers along with aftermarket sales team members.
- Performing the design, analysis, testing and documentation of mobile equipment mechanical systems and components.
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical properties of materials, component selection for performance and duty cycle, and a wide understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes for heavy equipment production.
- Must be able to develop and execute machine design that meets minimum standard requirements. Experience with international standards (ISO, EN, CE, etc..) is a plus.
- Working in a data driven decision environment where Root Cause and Corrective Action are well documented.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels, including company management, customers, staff, contractors, vendors and site personnel.
- Comprehend customer specifications, railroad regulations, and government regulations to determine proper design parameters for custom product design.
- Capable of travelling to remote locations as needed to gather data and feedback on equipment performance.
- Producing an error free engineering design package using sound engineering practices.
- Communicate ideas to colleagues and clients through excellent verbal and writing skills. Superior listening skills to understand clients' needs and receive feedback from them and coworkers.
- Problem-solving to be able to identify problems and come up with viable solutions. Use of critical thinking skills to evaluating the options and select the best one.
- Proficient computer experience in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient computer experience in 3D and 2D engineering CAD.
- Proficient experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Involves frequent bending, kneeling, stooping, lifting, climbing and walking on gravel and other uneven surfaces.
- Must work in all types of weather conditions (rain, sleet, snow, wind, dust, extreme heat/cold).
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering combined with 5+ years of experience in engineering and manufacturing environments.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the design of complex machinery
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.