Senior Advanced Software Engineer
Job ID # 2020-11233
Direct Hire Opportunity
Location: Oakton, Virginia
Clearance Requirement: Secret Clearance
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree Degree
Minimum Experience: 8 years
What You’ll Do:
- Perform software requirements analysis, lead research and design, and develop and test software and tools.
- Invent new products or enhancing existing applications, your talent and leadership abilities will be front and center.
- Participate in the development and operation of a state-of-the-art custom-built Big Data system and join a long-lived, stable program consisting of a team of exceptional high-quality individuals using defined Agile software principles and practices.
What You’ll Need:
- Secret Clearance
- Professional experience developing software in a Linux environment
- Scripting language experience such as Ruby or Python
- Modern C++ (11/14/17) development experience
- Proficient understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- A passion for developing well-crafted and testable software
- Expertise at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve issues in creative ways
- Web Framework development experience - Ruby on Rails (preferred), Django, Express, etc.
- Familiarity with databases such as Oracle or MariaDB
- High performance parallel computing, using multi-threaded programming techniques
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns, data structures, algorithms, CPU issues, I/O issues, and bottlenecks
- Automated testing experience
- Continuous Integration and Deployment tools and techniques
- Working in an Agile environment
- Agile experience preferred.
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or related technical field, combined with 8 + years of relevant experience; or Master’s Degree combined with 6 + years of relevant experience.
A Relocation Package may be available to qualified individuals.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
For questions about benefits visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/job-seekers/
For more information about Moseley visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/about-us/