Network Management Systems Engineer
We have a 28 year history of continued service with the Aerospace and Defense Industry highlighted through the care for each of our employees and our clients missions. This position is supporting the next generation in developing mission critical systems. Their mission is creating the most effective and state of the art technologies for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance supporting the Army, Navy, Air Force, Special Forces, and other Federal Government agencies working with our military. If you are interested in meaningful work on the newest innovations in defense along with an employee first partnerships we invite you to join our team.
- Oversee and drive the technical direction of a set of subsystems, providing an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems.
- Work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
- Provide system engineering of the technical content, design, and execution of Network Management related products and subsystems
- Perform customer requirements analysis, develop system requirements, and define functional allocations to lower levels (subsystem, elements and components)
- Perform functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detailed trade studies, systems integration, verification and validation test planning, and interface definition studies of the system, subsystem or system elements with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer
- Support technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements
- Synthesize solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints
- Lead the use of Modeling and Simulation activities among the teams
- Provide technical design leadership and/or direction to lower level employees
- Work with development managers, support product development prioritization decisions appropriately in line with the feature backlog and customer need
- Contribute to Network Management solution evolution with other senior system engineers and architects
- Help teams resolve technical issues that are causing schedule bottlenecks, and support development team technical issue resolution
- Provide engineering support to proposals and/or involve team members as appropriate
- Exercise latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field combined with 8 + years of relevant work experience; or Master's Degree combined with 6 + years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to Obtain Secret Clearance
- Possess wide-ranging experience in the system engineering/development “V-model”, use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Strong background in communication system management of some or all of: Faults / Configuration / Accounting / Performance / Security (FCAPS), including cyber requirements and impacts
- Experience with design and configuration of tools and products to manage data centers or cellular network infrastructure
- Experience with design and configuration of tools for network situational awareness, security/intrusion management, performance management, AAA and Domain management
- Excellent use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Excellent knowledge of other related data network and/or voice network disciplines
- Proficiency with requirements management & system modeling tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to get buy-in on concepts and ideas
- Creative thinker
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions – with both internal teams and customers
- Excellent ability to clearly document and report information relevant to sound systems engineering design