Sr. Engineer, Fire Control – Tracked Combat Vehicles
Job ID # 2019-8493
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Clearance Requirement: Ability to Obtain - Secret
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience: 5 years
What You’ll Do:
- Design circuit cards and/or electronics.
- Support concept to production including architecture analysis, trade studies, requirements analysis, engineering reviews, design, test, and qualification.
- Component selection, procurement, and oversight of hardware build.
- Create circuit board specifications, ICD's, and test plans.
- Review and develop hardware and software requirement documents and test plans.
- Design utilizing high and low speed digital communications standards such as: EIA-232, EIA-422/485, VME, CAN, Gigabit/10 Gig Ethernet, USB, TCP/IP, UDP, GigEVision, and Ethernet.
- Design, develop, and test electronics, components, and subsystems in support of integration of thermal imaging systems, cameras, lasers, radar, direct view optics, and stabilized control systems.
- Support the integration & testing of electrical control devices and sights and sensors on the various vehicle platforms.
- Work with other members of the engineering staff to ensure the product meets its requirements.
- Prepare and present written reports, status reports, and presentations as necessary.
- Provide technical support and communication to the program office, customers, and other departments.
What You’ll Need:
- The ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance is required at the time of hire.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Analog and Digital Circuit Design, including PCB design.
- Experience with Microcontrollers.
- Design of high and low speed digital communications design using EIA-232, EIA-422/485, VME, CAN, Gigabit/10 Gig Ethernet, USB, TCP/IP, UDP, GigEVision, and Ethernet AVB.
- Experience with Analog and Digital Video Circuits (RS-170, HD-SDI, LVDS, DVI, DisplayPort).
- Experience with video distribution techniques preferred.
- Familiarity with Military Standards and test requirements.
- Ability to use engineering development and Tools.
- Occasional overtime, and weekend hours may be required to complete critical tasks.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong Multi-tasking skills.
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5-7 years of applicable experience.
- Other technical degrees will be considered with relevant experience.
What to Expect:
- Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
- Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
For questions about benefits visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/job-seekers/
For more information about Moseley visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/about-us/