Design and Analysis Engineer
Job ID # 2019-9480
Location: Hazelwood, MO
Industry: Aerospace & Defense
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience: 5 years
What You’ll Do:
- Work with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyze and translate requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solve problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Research specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- Position requires an engineer capable of performing analysis of reliability, maintainability, and system health of aircraft subsystems.
- Evaluate failure mode effects and criticality analysis (FMECA) data from subsystem suppliers to create fault trees and model the fault behavior using MATLAB and Simulink.
- Work with the latest generations of aircraft platforms (both commercial and military).
- Develop diagnostic models from schematics, FMECAs, and other available supplier documentation.
- Translate these models to a Times Failure Propagation Graph (TFPG) model via scripts.
- Translate the information from the diagnostic models to MATLAB\SIMLINK models via scripts.
- Work with a real-time software development team to create the Real Time Maintenance Computing (RTMC) application or other fault diagnostic reasoning engines.
What You’ll Need:
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Have a working knowledge of Fault Detection, Fault Isolation, False Alarm Mitigation, and No Fault Found (Can Not Duplicate).
- Able to analyze complex electrical and mechanical subsystems is essential.
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree combined with 5+ years of experience in an engineering classification; or a Master's Degree with approximately 3+ years of experience in an engineering classification; or a PhD with experience in an engineering classification.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
What to Expect:
- Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
- Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
For questions about benefits visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/job-seekers/
For more information about Moseley visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/about-us/